Simple Outside Wreaths


I wanted to put some wreaths on the front windows of the house.  I saw several smaller ones I could get but buying 5 wreaths plus the large one I wanted for the front door was going to set me back more than I wanted it to.  Right before a trip to Dollar Tree, a post from Allison popped up.  It's like she was reading my mind.  She used the garland in Dollar Tree to make wreaths.  I could make several without breaking the bank.  I bought 4 packs of garland and 5 bows since I have 5 windows I want wreaths for.




I cut a piece in the size I wanted my wreaths to be.




I used this as a template to make 4 more.


Connect the wreaths by wrapping the ends together.  The frame of the wreath is metal so it was pretty easy.  Since these wreaths are pretty thin, I cut 5 long equal pieces of the remaining garland.  I wrapped each piece around a wreath.  This made each one fuller.  I attached a bow to each one and now they are ready to hang.


I used small Command hooks to attach the bottom 2 wreaths to the windows. 



The ribbons play off the red of the door.  I only have 2 wreaths up right now.  We need to get on the roof to attach the other 3 to the front windows.  I need to work on a wreath for the front door too.



Sharing with
House of Hepworths * Bear Rabbit Bear * The Shabby Creek Cottage * Sweet Peas and Bumblebees * The DIY Showoff * Delightful Order * The 36th Avenue * Somewhat Simple * Fireflies and Jellybeans * Tales from Bloggeritaville * Momnivore's Dilemma * What Allie's Making Now * A Glimpse Inside * Saved by Suzy * The Crafty Blog Stalker * Christina's Adventures * Kissed by a Frog * Remodelaholic * The Shabby Nest * Sassy Sites * Lovely Crafty Home * Simple Home Life * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Fingerprints on the Fridge * Finding Fabulous * 504 Main * Happy Hour Projects * Just a Girl * Roca and Company * Chocolate * Positively Splendid * Under the Table and Dreaming * Dittle Dattle * Homemaker on a Dime * Home Savvy A to Z * Tough Cookie Mommy * Six Sisters' Stuff * The Gunny Sack * Centsational Girl *

Comments

  1. That's such a good idea! They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using garland is a great idea. Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!

    Melanie
    Sew Rugged @ bear rabbit bear
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic idea to use garland! Thanks for sharing at this week's BFF Open House!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You are a Christmas crafting genius! So glad I found your project via Centsational Girl.

    Please stop by for a visit to my blog. I am currently in the midst of a Gifts to Make series.

    Be Merry and Bright!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room