Upstairs Loft: Plans

Right at the top of the stairs, we have a loft area.  This area has been empty since we've been here.  It's really been the catchall for things that no longer fit into any other room at the time.  Around Christmas, it looked like a toy store with all the kids' toys all spread out.  We decided it was time to do something with this space.


Last week I showed you the new pillow covers I ordered from H&M.  I don't really have a set color scheme for this room.  I just want it to be fun and a place where we can lounge and watch movies.  Kind of a media space. 


Here's what we're thinking.


The main piece in the room will be a gray sectional.  We wanted something functional that we could all lounge on.  I really wanted gray because I knew there would be a possibility we would be eating and drinking up there, so the gray should cover any stains or mishaps.  It will go on the right wall when you first walk up the stairs.  We're still debating on a rug in the room.  Sure it would bring more pattern to the room but not sure if it's really necessary.  I've been eying this one from RugsUSA.

We want to put a cabinet above the sectional.  This will house decorative pieces but also be additional storage.  Since this is a media space, we want to include a few movie posters and other movie related items.  I don't want this space to be movie themed, but movie related, if that makes sense.

The wall opposite the sectional will be dark gray.  I figure the gray on the wall will make the room a little moodier and cozier.  Even though this room is in the middle of the house, it still gets a ton of light and the darker color will make it feel warmer should we decide to watch a movie in the middle of the day.  I plan to put a photo gallery around the tv.

I will to bring in colorful accessories to liven things up a bit.  Things are already starting to happen.

Stay tuned!



Sharing with
House of Rose * The Shabby Nest * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Just Us Four * The Answer is Chocolate * Tatertots and Jello * DIY Showoff * It's So Very Cheri * Homecoming * Keeping It Simple * The Winthrop Chronicles * The Blackberry Vine * The Gunny Sack * Clean and Scentsible * Ginger Snap Crafts * Sew Much Ado * A Creative Princess * A Glimpse Inside * Embracing Change * Glamorous Affordable Life * Thirty Handmade Days * Remodelaholic *

Comments

  1. I love your mood board for your loft area! Mine is still a work in progress too and I feel inspired after seeing your plans. :) I love the Hunger Games poster - I loved the book series and movies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, i love the plan for this space. reminds me of the basement i'm doing, with the film reels and movies. can't wait to see the space when it's completed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming over from The Winthrop Chronicles. Love your inspiration...it reminds me a bit of our living room. I've been loving that rug as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room