Model Home Inspiration

I wanted to share a recent home finding with you.  Most of the rooms of this house I could live with.

The family room has natural tones.  Although I would love to see some color here, the room is still pretty.  I really like the clock over the fireplace.


It's open to this beautiful white kitchen.  They brought the wood tones over in the island and bar stools and it breaks up the white nicely.  The hardwoods floors are wide planked and rustic looking.  The pendants are beautiful.  The color of the chain brings in more brown and takes your eyes up.  Looks like speakers are in the ceiling for a sound system.  It would be nice to have music playing in the background while cooking dinner.  Notice the open shelves on the left.  Open shelving is trending now and really does open up a space.  My only concern is my shelves would never look neat.


Next to the kitchen is the breakfast room.  Nice little nook and the large window allows for a view out.  The chandelier is the perfect piece to bring a little elegance to this room.  Again this room is neutral and airy with the simple, white drapes.


The master bedroom is a bit too much for me.  I prefer lighter colors in the bedroom with some blues and grays.  The floral wallpaper is busy and the black bedding on the black bed feels heavy.  I would have gone with lighter bedding since the furniture is darker.  I do like the light fixture though.


There is a definite yes to the master closet.  It's like a small boutique in there.  I don't think I would ever want to leave and I'd try to fill every space.  There's plenty of room for both hanging and folded clothes and an island in the middle for accessories.


But then you zoom out and see the closet is literally in the master bathroom.  I would like a door between the tub and the closet.


This is a cute boys room.  Even though my son is still young, his room is never this clean.  This room is almost too neat for it to be real.  I love the neutral walls with the bright blues and oranges.  Hmmmm...a painted bed.


The girls room is really sweet.  With model homes you have to remember it's for show so there are little accessories.  Picture the room with your photos and art.


It's always fun to see how others decorate a space and gain a few ideas in the process.


Comments

  1. I love it just as it is! I have that clock they have over the fireplace! Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Sunburst In The Dining Room

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves