Potted Fiddle Leaf Fig

It's been a few months since I bought a Fiddle Leaf Fig tree from Ikea.  It sat in its plastic pot for almost four months.  Yep, four months.  I would go into the store looking for a nice colorful basket to sit it in but never came out with anything I really liked.  It finally hit me when I was going through some things in the garage.  I could just paint a pot I already had.


I started with this chipped up old pot.


I had some blue spray paint in the closet I could use to freshen it up a bit.  The color was Valspar Tropical Oasis.  Before painting, I taped off the white stripe in the middle.  I liked the pattern of it.
 

After a few coats of spray paint, it was ready to go.  I took the tree out of the cheap plastic black pot it came in and re-planted it into my new one.

 


Just another touch of blue in the family room.  Ignore the cable cord and toy balls in the candle holder on the mantle.  I got the blue vase from Homegoods a while back.  They always have a good selection in various colors and shapes.
 

During the day, it usually sits near the back door to soak up all the sunlight.  I also picked up a metal plant stand with casters from Ikea so I can move it back and forth easily between the two spaces.



Now my fiddle leaf fig can feel more at home.  Since I haven't killed it yet, it deserved to be put in a permanent pot.  Has anybody joined the fiddle leaf bandwagon?  I love its full leaves and the ease it takes to care for it.  I water it once a week and wipe the dust off the leaves every now and then.  So far so good.  Let's see how long this one lasts.

 
You're reading Potted Fiddle Leaf Fig by Andrea, originally posted on Decorating Cents.  If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Andrea on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin, and Hometalk.

Sharing with
Between Naps on the Porch * Under the Table and Dreaming * DIY Showoff * It's So Very Cheri * Delineate Your Dwelling * Creatively Living * Keeping It Simple * Sew Can Do * Skip to My Lou * The Dedicated House * A Creative Princess * Embracing Change * The 36th Avenue * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * House of Rose * Just Us Four * Remodelaholic * Simply Sweet Home * The Answer is Chocolate * The Grant Life * The Shabby Nest * Thrifty Decor Chick *

Comments

  1. it seems to be doing well there! i have a snake plant that i just kept in its pot and plopped it into another pot. didn't even bother to replant it. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and easy refurb! I wish my Ikea had those fiddle leaf figs. But they don't. Wah. :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Sunburst In The Dining Room

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves