DIY Blanket Ladder

Hey good people.  Happy Wednesday.

I had a corner of the living room that was always empty.  I never knew quite what I wanted there.  I had always seen these ladders around the internet and thought about making one but never got around to it.


So one day I decided to just go for it.  It was an easy project so I don't know what took me so long.

Supplies:
(2) 2x2x8 furring strips
(8) 2 inch wood screws
Stain of your choice

I started with eight foot pieces.  They were less than $2 a piece.  I had the fine gentleman at Lowes cut them down for me.  Each eight foot piece was cut down to (1) five foot piece and (2) eighteen inch pieces.  This would give me a five foot tall ladder with eighteen inch rungs.


I laid out my pieces to assemble.  The top rung is six inches from the top.  The remaining rungs are 12 inches apart from the top of the previous rung.

Using two inch wood screws, attach the rungs to the side pieces.

Stain your ladder.  I used Minwax Walnut.
 

I love this little corner now.  The ladder was the perfect addition.  Of course, I added some blues with a blanket and vase.



For so little money, this ladder makes a big impact.

 
You're reading DIY Blanket Ladder by Andrea, originally posted on Decorating Cents.  If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Andrea on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin, Instagram, and Hometalk.

Comments

  1. Happy New Year! What an awesome post to start out 2017 - I absolutely love the ladder!! (And it's super functional.) This is another Decorating Cents-inspired DIY to add to my decor, next to my hurricane vase and "Blessed" wood sign! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room